Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Fusion Food
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fusion Food Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
A sushi bar that has just opened near my office has a board outside advertising "Fusion Food". I confess that I've never seen this phrase before, so I typed it into Google. I learnt that it is a style of cooking that mixes different cuisines from across the world. Here's an article that describes it.

Am I alone in not having heard of it before, or is it new to other Wordcrafters, too?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard of it, yes, but to be frank, I think most of us do it unconsciously when preparing food anyway. I know I experiment all the time with 'I wonder what this'll taste like'?

It's just something the professionals have cottoned on to so they can charge us more for something that sounds exotic but is in reality something we all probably do.

Having said that, I do like the idea - but then, I love variety.

Posts: 669 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree with Cat. I think it's a ploy to charge us more for what we wanted in the first place. It's also a way of saying that they can serve whatever they feel like serving. Fancy name! Frankly, I'd rather just have the Sushi! No, that's not strictly true. I love food of any kind!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
There is a restaurant near my home that is named Fusion. It is located on Division Street! Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It figures that the word originated in the U.S. Roll Eyes Yes, I tend to agree with Cat and CW. I had just gotten used to Pacific Rim, the earlier term. Is that phrase out of vogue now?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post