Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Amazing Super Bowl Comment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazing Super Bowl Comment Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
During the Super Bowl, Chris Collingswood mentioned that the Patriots have MHK on their uniform for Myra Kraft, deceased wife of the team owner.
He said "She is the widow of Bob Kraft." Of course at the time, Bob was sitting in his box watching the game.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he didn't know he was dead?

BTW, why was a baseball team playing with a football team? I could swear the New York Giants were a baseball team - but then I don't follow this kind of stuff.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6187 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
I could swear the New York Giants were a baseball team

They were until they became the San Francisco Giants back in '59 or so. These NY Giants are a football team. I watch no sports and even I know that much.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, what a gaffe, Proof! Really, he said that? Wow.

BTW, off subject, which advertisements did you like? I liked the rescue dog one (for Bud light). It reminded me of a great YouTube I've seen recently about a dog that does errands for its master.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I saw a photograph in my paper that was apparently of the Super Bowl, and the two teams were definitely playing (American) football. Even I can tell the difference between that and baseball.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
My wife and I are divided on the cheetah chasing the man, instead of the car, and the dog that exercises and diets to get through the doggie door.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, why was a baseball team playing with a football team?
I am sure he was joking.

I thought Madonna was good, but she didn't get good reviews and many of my friends thought she looked "past her day." She looked pretty darned good to me, being 53! Her athletic prowess was exceptional, I thought.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post