Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Decline of American Business
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decline of American Business Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
This isn't about words per se. Just their misuse.

I went to buy some underwear and examined Fruit of the Loom briefs. "Small" is 30-32;"Medium" is 34-36; but "Large" is 38-40. I'm 37.

I e-mailed the company asking why the missing size. Someone in Customer Service said she had no idea why that size was extinct. She suggested I buy the larger size, even though they'd be too big.

Unfortunately, the only way they'd fit would be if I had a constantly-stimulated package.

Is this a sign of the decline of capitalism or is it the end of the world?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Awww, just wear suspenders. Think of the fad you'll start. Big Grin Or, remembering the movie, "Free Willy," don't wear 'em!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just go commando.

Posts: 1242 | Location: San FranciscoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
They are in business with a burger chain to encourage you to fatten up. It's a sign of the RISE of capitalism.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
"Small" is 30-32;"Medium" is 34-36; but "Large" is 38-40.

It's more insidious than you think. Those hyphens (which ought to be en dashes) are incorrectly used. For example, "small" is not the range of three sizes from 30 to 32, but in fact two sizes 30 and 32. There is no 31. Same goes for 33, 35, 37, and 39. Oh, the humanity! And don't get me started on vente for medium.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post