Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Jeff Flake living up to his name
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Flake living up to his name Login/Join

posted
There's a Repubican politician here in the US who just "wrote" a book he calls "Conscience of A Conservative." Never mind that the late right-wing firebrand Barry Goldwater affixed his name to a book of the same title in 1960, Jeff Flake just plagiarized the title verbatim. And people like this get to make decisions affecting our lives? Damn!

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
There's a Repubican politician here in the US who just "wrote" a book he calls "Conscience of A Conservative."

Youd think that's a copyright issue.

Reminds me of the lawyer who sent a "cease and desist" letter to a blogger who criticized his client. Normal practice but the lawyer threatened a lawsuit if the blogger published the letter since, he claimed, the contents were copyrighted. Needless to say, the letter was posted all over the internet, and no one got sued.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about that book and was wondering the same thing, though I do like Flake's spirit for stirring up the conservatives. It is published by Penguin/Random House so I very much doubt it's a copyright issue.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post