Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    The Dan Brown Sequel Generator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dan Brown Sequel Generator Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
Plug in a city and a sect, and their computer will do the rest.

Slate.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
OMG, I love it! My husband and I just drove into Philadelphia--he for a lunch meeting, and I to meet Kalleh, who is in town for a convention, for lunch. As we were driving through the city on the way I, I saw a Masonic sign and thought to myself, this is probably where Dan Brown will set his next novel. On the way out, I saw a Scientology sign. Voila! The plot generator give me this:

quote:
When celebrated Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to the William Penn statue on top of City Hall to analyze a mysterious geometric form—drawn on a calling card next to the disfigured form of the head docent—he discovers evidence of the unthinkable: the resurgence of the ancient cult of the Baalinistas, a secret branch of the Scientologists that has surfaced from the shadows to carry out its legendary vendetta against its mortal enemy, the Vatican.

Langdon's worst fears are confirmed when a messenger from the Baalinistas appears at Citizen's Bank Park to deliver a macabre ultimatum: Deposit $1 billion in the Scientologists' off-shore bank accounts or the exclusive clothier of the Swiss Guards will be bankrupted. With the countdown under way, Langdon joins forces with the beautiful and brilliant daughter of the murdered docent in a desperate bid to crack the code that will reveal the cult's secret plan.

Embarking on a frantic hunt, Langdon and his companion follow a 200-year-old trail through Philadelphia's most exalted monuments and venerable buildings, pursued by a Norwegian assassin the cult has sent to thwart them. What they discover threatens to expose a conspiracy that goes all the way back to L. Ron Hubbard and the very founding of the Scientologists.

I really did think the DaVinci Code was just too-breathless balderdash, even though it was a page turner, but I do know people who think it is Really True! I must send them this link.

Kalleh and I had a really nice lunch and visit. Lucky for us that our Wordcraft Emmisary gets to travel so much in her job. She is staying right down the street from said City Hall, and cannot see the statue of Billy Penn from there, but must walk around the block to find the latest Dan Brown mystery.

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
It's funny but when I put Chicaqo in this is what I got.

When renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to the Sears Tower to analyze a mysterious ancient script—imprinted on a gold ring lying next to the mangled body of the head docent—he discovers evidence of the unthinkable: the resurgence of the ancient cult of Satan’s Nurses, a secret branch of the Kalleh family that has surfaced from the shadows to carry out its legendary vendetta against its mortal enemy, the Doctores.

Langdon's worst fears are confirmed when a messenger from Satan’s Nurses appears at Lake Michigan to deliver a grim ultimatum: Turn over the Chief of Surgery, or one intern will disappear from the Emergency Room every day. With only three days to foil their plot, Langdon joins forces with the lithe and quick-witted daughter of the murdered docent in a desperate bid to crack the code that will reveal the cult's secret plan to poison Michael Jackson.

Embarking on a frantic hunt, Langdon and his companion follow a 1100-year-old trail through Chicago's most sacred libraries and exalted hospitals, pursued by a one-eyed assassin the cult has sent to thwart them. What they discover threatens to expose a conspiracy that goes all the way back to Wordcraft and the very founding of the Kalleh family.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Funny, I don't think the output is quite as torturously bad as Mr Brown's. The first program I ever wrote in ca.1973 (in BASIC to run on the first HP-3000 delivered to Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley) was a Star Trek script generator. Though, it simply chose words or phrases to fill the slots in the template from an array of strings. I had the paper tapes and some printouts for years, but finally lost them during a move.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post