Find
Notify
Tools

Asterix Login/Join

posted

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Aww, that is too bad. I am not real familiar with him. I thought it funny how they said he died of a heart attack unrelated to the coronavirus. Is everything related to that?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Not everything but you can bet that if anyone famous dies in the next few months people will assume it's from the virus unless specifically told it isn't. That's just how people are. It was the same when AIDS was first around. Anyone people had heard of who died was assumed to have died of AIDS.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I just read a great book about AIDS: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai. I highly recommend it. Anyway - I was surprised to hear that Prince Charles is positive for COVID-19.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I just read a great book about AIDS: The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai. I highly recommend it. Anyway - I was surprised to hear that Prince Charles is positive for COVID-19.

If anyone will receive the best possible care it's Prince Charles and when he "self-isolates" he is self-isolating at Balmoral castle with a staff of between 50 and 150 people. It's a hard life for a prince.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I didn't say he'd not get good care. Surely he'll get the best care there is, which right now is mostly supportive care. We don't have a treatment yet, unfortunately. I've seen patients who have deteriorated quickly, within 48 hours, either of adult respiratory distress syndrome or congestive heart failure. And NY has shown that they don't have to be elderly patients or those with co-morbidities. Healthy patients of much younger ages are dying. Chicago just had the first infant death.

This is very scary.