Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Two names in one day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two names in one day Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I was reading my morning newspaper and first came across this name: Ronald Rotunda, an expert on the Illinois Constitution. I wondered if he was actually "rotund," but didn't think that much more about it.

In the next article I read about a school situation where a phony letter was sent out, telling students they could "buy" extra credit for $20 or even $35 to be exempt from a test. The principal, Tony Gobble, explained that wasn't the case. I am thinking Tony could have gobbled his way to being rotund, too. Wink

We've talked about funny names before, but feel free to post a few others here.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Here is a partial list to start the process.
The oddest one I've ever heard is Seven and seven-eighths Smith, whose parents named him for a hat size. Back in the '30s, according to H. Allen Smith. Of course, he had been known to lie at times.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Rotunda, an expert on the Illinois Constitution.

Actually, a rotunda is an area in a state capitol building, so his job makes the name more ap than his physique might.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post