Wordcraft Community Home Page
More on careful choice of web address

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/741603894/m/6780003076

March 21, 2014, 06:39
BobHale
More on careful choice of web address
There used to be a thing widely circulated on the web about an (alleged) website for a company called "Pen Island" and its web address of www_penisland_com*. Other sites that might be misread were usually included. I don't recall any of them mentioning this one though.

www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

(*the underscores are in the web address because when I posted this on Facebook I was told that the link is unsafe, and so it may be - I'm not suggesting you click it, just recalling the existence of it.)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
March 21, 2014, 14:52
Geoff
So that's why there have been so many Dr. Whos - they've all dies of VD!
March 22, 2014, 00:14
arnie
The Company exists. The URL is http://penisland.net (note the ".net" at the end).
quote:
We Specialize In Wood

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
March 22, 2014, 02:35
BobHale
And the doctor who site is certainly genuine. The owner is trying to create a unified timeline for all the audio adventures, novels and, of course, TV stories.

March 22, 2014, 11:27
goofy
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
And the doctor who site is certainly genuine. The owner is trying to create a unified timeline for all the audio adventures, novels and, of course, TV stories.

That's nothing. This site includes all the comics, annuals, short stories, games, etc.
March 22, 2014, 18:01
BobHale
That is a trolly amazing endeavour proving, as if proof were needed, that some people have way too much time on their hands. Useful reference work though for DW fans.