Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    More on careful choice of web address
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More on careful choice of web address Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
There used to be a thing widely circulated on the web about an (alleged) website for a company called "Pen Island" and its web address of www_penisland_com*. Other sites that might be misread were usually included. I don't recall any of them mentioning this one though.

www.doctorwhoreviews.co.uk

(*the underscores are in the web address because when I posted this on Facebook I was told that the link is unsafe, and so it may be - I'm not suggesting you click it, just recalling the existence of it.)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that's why there have been so many Dr. Whos - they've all dies of VD!

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
The Company exists. The URL is http://penisland.net (note the ".net" at the end).
quote:
We Specialize In Wood

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And the doctor who site is certainly genuine. The owner is trying to create a unified timeline for all the audio adventures, novels and, of course, TV stories.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
And the doctor who site is certainly genuine. The owner is trying to create a unified timeline for all the audio adventures, novels and, of course, TV stories.

That's nothing. This site includes all the comics, annuals, short stories, games, etc.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
That is a trolly amazing endeavour proving, as if proof were needed, that some people have way too much time on their hands. Useful reference work though for DW fans.