Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    For Your Convenience.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Your Convenience..... Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
Several of the local malls announced they were closing earlier to "limit the problems of the recession," as one manager put it, for their store owners. He didn't explain how limiting the number of hours people could shop would help the stores, but I imagine it reduces the mall's costs substantially.

The other mall said the early closing was "for your convenience." Why is it that something done for my convenience seldom benefits me at all, yet helps the doer significantly?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Whatsamatter, don't you speak Orwellian?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree that it's not really "for your convenience." They should have said, "for our convenience." Wink

As far as I know, that hasn't come to the midwest yet. Things seem fairly normally around here...except for below zero weather, of course.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
My local supermarket usually opens 24/7. A few months ago large signs appeared:
    To improve your shopping experience with us
    This store will close from 10 PM until 6 AM
It transpired that they were carrying out rebuilding work, but that was never stated.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post