Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Language Wars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Language Wars Login/Join

posted

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Another great link, Geoff. Any thoughts from you on some of them?

I did not know the comma defined our new more stringent gun control laws! Ugh. I kinda expected something on my least favorite word, "irregardless."

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding gun control, one might note that US Code 10, the National Militia Code, states the following: (a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—
(1)the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2)the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14, § 311; Pub. L. 85–861, § 1(7), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439; Pub. L. 103–160, div. A, title V, § 524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656; renumbered § 246, Pub. L. 114–328, div. A, title XII, § 1241(a)(2), Dec. 23, 2016, 130 Stat. 2497.) So, all those women who pack guns aren't legally entitled to do so unless they're in the National Guard. And nobody over 45 is a militia member. Maybe some food for thought for the National Republican Army?

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It's too bad the Supreme Court doesn't read WC.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post