Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Vive la difference!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vive la difference! Login/Join

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted
We may already have a thread about how women and men act differently. But I'm too lazy to find it, when it's easier to re-start.

Dialogue of a 20-something married couple, in bed (he in blue, she in pink):

Wow. Carleen was worked with him for 3 years now – an' I never knew she cared about him! ... I mean, not in a "serious" way!
I did.
It's the little things she does: the way she knows what he's thinking, the way she does her job – she stays late at the studio, cleans up, loves to be near him ... How could she make her feelings more obvious?!

I dunno ... flash a little cleavage?

[She slams a pillow into his head, before rolling away in a huff.]

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
I feel like we are really kindred spirits...
since we read the same comic strip and all... Wink

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
Before work today, when Kallah and I stopped for bagels at the local shop, four 13-year old girls and a mother were at the next table. I told them I wondered whether girls their had yet developed a fashion focus, and asked them, "Without looking under the table, can each of you tell me what shoes your three friends are wearing?"

No problem. They rattled off the details of each others' shoes: color, style or brand, and even whether they were new, worn, or worn to tatters.

Boys and men would never notice something like that!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aput
posted Hide Post
In fact, without looking down at your own feet, can you...?

Posts: 502 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
aput, you are hilarious! Big Grin

Shu and I did this once in a coffee shop. I had been shoe shopping (I love it!), and Shu informed me that men don't care what shoes we wear. After that, we got to talking to the woman next to us, and Shu asked her if her husband would know what shoes she was been wearing. She laughed loudly and said "absolultely NOT." Sure enough, when we asked the husband he, really rather sheepishly, said he had no clue.

I wish I could find this e-mail I got once. A man and woman each got their hair cut. Someone tells the man he likes his hair and he says "Thanks." The same happens for the woman, but she instead of saying "thanks," she goes into a long diatribe with comments like: "But, doesn't it make my look my neck look too short?" and on and on and on from there. It was hilarious. I have tried to locate it on the Web, but I couldn't.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I has been my own experience that men are far more likely to notice what women are not wearing than what they're wearing!

The chocolate is far more important than the wrapping!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Richard's post reminds me of an old episode of Friends, when Joey is trying to get off with his co-star in a play, whilst also making a bid for his co-star's understudy, who is a young buxom blonde. Joey is accused of only being interested in her sweater. He replies indignantly that he's not interested in her sweater; it's what's underneath that counts. Smile

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
arnies remarks, "Joey is trying to get off with his co-star in a play."

"Get off"? We would say "get it on".

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Now, Hic. I am sure many a woman has instead heard, "get it off!"

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post