Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    Just call me Cassandra
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just call me Cassandra Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Some time ago I posted this little fable on my Facebook page

quote:
The year is 2035. Donald Trump III has just taken office in the Democratic People’s Republic of America, after the sudden and unexpected illness suffered by his father, Donald Trump II. (Elections were suspended by his grandfather, Donald Trump I, aka The Perfect Leader, in 2021 in the interests of National Security and Making America Great Again)
The press (which consists solely of Fox News and Breitbart - all other outlets having been closed by executive order in 2018) hail the succession in glowing terms. The “Lovely Leader” - as he is universally known - addresses the nation from the Trump White House ® to tell the people that all of his siblings, cousins, uncles and aunts are “living on a farm in New Jersey” and rumours to the contrary are wicked lies spread by the enemies of America. He also tells the people the joyous news that he has found a cure for cancer, discovered the lost city of Atlantis and opened negotiations with the leaders of the planet Blinko to provide America with free unlimited energy and all the candy bars they can eat. Record crowds rejoice across the nation.

The Prime Minister of England (not the UK since 2022 when, following a complete economic collapse the Union was dissolved) sends a message of congratulations from his Buckingham Palace home. King William V, from his exile in Scotland - on the other side of the rebuilt Hadrian's wall- does not. The United Nations renews its appeal to Syria to take anti-Brexit refugees who live in daily fear for their lives from the Brexit militias that run the north of the country...

Today I read this...

https://percolately.com/collin...itter-isnt-laughing/

Just call me Cassandra.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thomas Jefferson would be calling for a coup. "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Never gonna happen, Donald. He'll be lucky he remains in for the first 4 years.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post