Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A foot Login/Join

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I had always assumed that was why they couldn't park in confined spaces.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Richard, though I'm a woman, I once parallel parked with 1 inch to spare on either side of the car. (Forgive the interruption of what has been an hysterical thread; I guess you might call this threadus interruptus!) wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
Excellent. You must also be a very slim woman - unless you left the car via the sunshine roof!

In fact, I was speaking primarily of parking in a small gap in a row of vehicles.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I was speaking primarily of parking in a small gap in a row of vehicles.
##########################################
Does this mean that the vehicles were fighting?

Gosh, now we're down from five and one half feets (or is that footses) to one inch! The incredible shrinking thread!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Gosh, now we're down from five and one half feets (or is that footses) to one inch! "

But Asa! What happened to the seven inches? wink

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
But Asa! What happened to the seven inches?
Alas, I shall never know, and a lass, she shall not either. eek

posted Hide Post
Asa, that sounds like a personal problem to me! wink

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
that sounds like a personal problem to me!
That reminds me of the man who, on his wedding night, revealed to his virgin bride his exceedingly tumescent four inches. She asked, "Just who do you think you're going to satisfy with THAT?" He replied, "Me!"

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
Mae West: How tall are you, son?
He: Ma'am, I'm six feet seven inches.
Mae West: Never mind the six feet; let's talk about the seven inches.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grandfather, who stood 6'1" tall, applied for a job where there was a maximum height of 6'. On the job application where it asked for height, he wrote 5' 13". They hired him. big grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Funny, Angel!
It reminds me of my moronic way of calculating height in centimeters for nutritional assessments. Since I know that there are 2.54 cm in an inch, I change the height to inches and then multiply by 2.54. When it's meters that's needed (for body mass index), I just move the decimal over 2 places. I'm sure that there's an easier way, but this works for me!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
It reminds me of my moronic way of calculating height in centimeters for nutritional
assessments.
Pardon my moronic question, Kalleh, but why not just measure the people with a metric measuring instrument in the first place?

Asa, who likes the metric system

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
I had previously conjectured that Brits seem particularly concerned with a subject we'd previously discussed.

Sunday's London Observer reports thus, as part of a broader survey:

"Almost 1 in 4 men (23%) is unhappy with the size of his penis. Men aged 35-44 are most likely to worry about penis size (29%) but such concerns do not diminish with age as 26% of over-65s are also unhappy."

While this might seem a minor datum within the survey, it is to be noted that the Observer titled its article How Do You Measure Up? Quantity and quality. wink

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post