Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happiness Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Don't be too rude about Quentin Letts! Remember he is a Wordvrafter and has made several posts here. Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't dream of it. I'm a fan. I love the tongue in cheek spin in both his written stuff and when I've seen him on TV.
(There QL. Doesn't it make you feel good that someone out here is prepared to sit through Michael Portillo and Diane Abbot just to hear your bits?)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I agree about Portillo, but I quite like Diane Abbot, although she's rather further left than me. Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, maybe arnie was talking about my post. I haven't heard Quentin before, but I am sure I'd like him, with his "tongue in cheek spin." Would he be on American TV, do you think?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Unlikely. He's on current affairs shows dealing with UK politics.

posted Hide Post
I recently heard of a 2008 book (have not yet read it) by NPR correspondent Eric Weiner. It's called "The Geography of Bliss" and it sounds like Weiner spent some time with happiness expert, Ruut Veenhoven, before traveling around the world looking for happy people. Here is Veenhoven's webpage.
http://www2.eur.nl/fsw/research/veenhoven/

Veenhoven directs the World Database of Happiness (mentioned earlier in this thread) and edits the Journal of Happiness Research.

Posts: 52 | Location: Raleigh, NCReply With QuoteReport This Post