Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They just crept in.... Login/Join

posted
In another thread it is mentioned that the phrase "It ain't gonna happen" has crept into our language. I started wondering what other slang phrases have crept in.

One that always got me is: "I'm gonna hit you upside the head with a rotten can of Spam if you don't stop doing that!" Now maybe not everyone has heard that one, (the first time I heard it was from my first husband's hillbilly grandmother), but AHD lists the following quote: “If you still didn't get it, well, sometimes you have to hit people upside the head … to get their attention” (Howie Carr).

What other phrases tickle or get you?

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Morgan, can't say that I have heard that phrase before. Funny! Big Grin

I believe I posted this elsewhere at one time, but I love: "That really dusts my doilies!" I just said it the other day at work and had my colleague in stitches. I don't even know where I first heard it, but I love it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
A favorite of mine (though not of my own writing) is:

"There are two things I like about you and both of them are absolutely nothing!"

That and:

"You TIT!" (I've tried using this one a couple of times in the past week or so and it never fails to inspire interesting debate.)

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post