Notify
Tools

brain dump Login/Join

posted
...ping the change agent for a brain dump...--Dogbert

Is a brain dump the same as a mind meld

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
You might want to read about brain dumps (humans), core dumps (computers), and mind melds (Vulcans), and get back to us.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
zm: If you're saying, in a very tactful way, that I ought to check the usu online sources for definitions of neologisms before posing them on WC, why then, you're absolutely right

I readily acknowledge a sort of intellectual laziness, occasionally succumbing to it

Of course everybody knows the Vulcan meaning, but this term, as I understand it, is also coming to mean something like "conference"

Nonetheless any further comments on the possible synonymity of the two expressions is greatly appreciated--Thanks guys

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dalehileman,

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
"Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it."

[Samuel Johnson]

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I suppose this relates to the different knowledge aquisition patterns between my first spouse and me. She and I were in the same classes in school. She would get "A" grades; I would get "C" or worse, yet ten years later she know nothing of the subject, whereas I remembered much of it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Asa: Except for the grades, where you and I would have a common bond, wish I could say the same

Laverne being much smarter than I in all respects

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Laverne? Shirley, you jest!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Asa: I spouse so