Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Word Games    Time to admit the facts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to admit the facts? Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I have been off line for two weeks and in that time there have been no new posts here at all. Isn't it time to admit that wordcraft had a good life but now it has, in the immortal words of Monty Python, shuffled off this mortal coil and joined the choir invisible?

Nothing lasts for ever. Sad but true.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Hmm, let me guess: is this a riddle?
No, seriously Bob, I know exactly why you put this in Word Games.

Must we decide? The timing is not great for me: I just discovered last night that my Facebook account either disappeared into the ether, or perhaps has been stolen by someone who’s email is k***@a*** or something. And of course no one home at FB but AI bots, whose forms I duly filled out-- but there’s a caveat that says I will receive no reply, my info is “feedback” Mad I don’t like FB, but a couple of friends and relatives post there… and now I’ll never know what nostalgic images/ pix I’ll never be able to look at again.

What if I promise to submit 5 limericks on Spain?

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
It's in word games only because the old community group has disappeared... well it has from mine anyway but seriously when you are down to one post a month its probably time to call it a day.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still here. Much complication in life to deal with so my contributions are down but I check more frequently than I post. I suspect Geoff is in a similar situation.

Is there a downside to continuing, even in the current state of doldrums?

PS FWIW Department: there are eight limericks presently in the line, and I haven't written mine yet...

Posts: 6271 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just now saw this - three days late. I DO check in here on a daily basis, hoping that someone would be here. Bethree, I wish I had known you were there. I have forgotten your actual name, so couldn't have found you. I don't much like Farcebook either, but, as you say, it's about the only way to stay in touch with some people I want to be in touch with. Bob's there, as is Haberdasher under his actual moniker, but keeps a very low profile.

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Hi, Geoff. There are some further tricks to trying to get back into my account, but I have to be doing other stuff at the moment. I go by Ginny (for first name Virginia), but my FB account was under my middle name which is how I'm known to sibs/ relatives: Leigh Bucci. Vanished!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haberdasher:
Is there a downside to continuing, even in the current state of doldrums?

Not for me. Hate to lose my friends here, however few we are.
p.s. I owe you limericks. Will try to get at it. Horribly bogged down in insurance and budget "paper"work at the moment. Hoping your complications are equally humdrum and not health-related...

posted Hide Post
I found you on Farcebook! I had remembered Ginny Bucci, but, as you said, you weren't there under that name. I PMed you on FB, so maybe you can retreive it. Hope you can unbury yourself from the paperwreck!

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post