Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Word Games    Spelling game on iPhone, would you guys be interested?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spelling game on iPhone, would you guys be interested? Login/Join

posted
Hi there,

I have just joined these forums and would like to share something I have made with you. However I do not want to just turn up and spam your community with my product, so I thought I would make an introductory post here to test the waters, as it were.

I have made an iPhone app with a couple of friends which is based on words and spelling. It is somewhat similar to Boggle but is quite fast paced and has special challenge modes that are great fun to try and achieve. We think it is great fun and would love to get some of you guys playing it to see what you think.

We have been disappointed by how little interest there is in word based games within the larger iPhone app playing community. We made it in to the top 10 chart for word based games on our first day of sales whilst selling a very small amount of units. Word based games without a famous brand attached to them seem to just languish in obscurity in the app store.

I will not post links now; I just wanted to see how you felt about the idea of us posting up the details of our game on your community boards. If some of you are interested and it is acceptable to do so I will post up links to our project. We would love to get the feedback of a community like this on ways to improve the game as well as to see how real word enthusiasts find the experience of playing our little game.

Thanks ever so much for your time.

I Look forward to hearing from you,
Helen.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Hello Helen,

Welcome, and thanks for not spamming the forum. Posting such links is against our Terms of Service, and would probably result in your being banned.

We do play word games in the forum; see the latest Bluffing Game word here. Perhaps you'd like to join in?

Since you had the good courtesy to ask, I see no reason why you shouldn't post a link to the game on this occasion. I know some members own an iPhone, although I don't have one myself.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Arnie,
Thanks very much for the friendly welcome. I have sent an entry into the bluffing word game... I look forward to reading the other entries.

Thanks so much for allowing me to post a link. If any of you do decide play ColdSpell (our game), then please do take the time to post feedback in this thread.

You can download Coldspell from the appstore:
HERE

Our website has a little video of the game as well as somescreenshots and bits and pieces:
HERE

I heartily recomend the 'challenge' mode, the challenges can be great fun...

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy playing Coldspell
Helen

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I have a telephone which, I understand, does all kinds of things in addition to making and receiving calls. Sadly I have no idea what they are and the button marked "apps" has never felt my finger.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Richard,
Thanks for stopping by, you made me chuckle!
I felt much the same way about our dear old telecommunications devices right up until about six months ago. They finally do useful and fun things in addition to telephone calls now. I understand completely though. Silly micro technology.
Thanks,
Helen

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And I went to a great deal of trouble to try to get a phone that did almost nothing. It makes and receives calls and sends and receives texts and that's about it.

It wasn't an easy task, I can tell you.

On the other hand welcome to the board. Our word games are always a good place to start.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Wordcraft, Helen. I have an iPhone so I'll try it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kalleh. Much appreciated. Can I ask what you thought of it? Do you have any critique to offer?
Thanks so much for giving it a go.

posted Hide Post
I don't own a phone that has an "apps" function, so I'll have to take your word for its fun and functionality.

How about popping over to the Bluffing Game and selecting your answer? Your daffynition has been selected, but of course I can't disclose who did what until all the responses are in!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post