Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Another terrible headline.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another terrible headline. Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
David Fuller jailed for life after 'abusing 102 bodies in morgues aged 9 to 100.

A terrible story but what does the age of the morgue have to do with it?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should he have been jailed for death? I rue the morgue allowing him entry.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I didn't know morgues kept bodies that long?

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's just a poorly-worded headline. The victims ranged in age from 9 to 100. It has nothing to do with the ages of the morgues.
Here's the article:
David Fuller: bed killer jailed for life after “abusing 102 bodies” in morgues aged 9 to 100
I didn't read the whole article because it was so disgusting. I did note one sentence in it because of the euphemism it used: "David Fuller will never be free again after killing two women in 1987 and looting the bodies of at least 102 women and girls between the ages of nine and 100 in morgues." Emphasis mine.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinman:
It's just a poorly-worded headline. The victims ranged in age from 9 to 100. It has nothing to do with the ages of the morgues.
Here's the article:
David Fuller: bed killer jailed for life after “abusing 102 bodies” in morgues aged 9 to 100
I didn't read the whole article because it was so disgusting. I did note one sentence in it because of the euphemism it used: "David Fuller will never be free again after killing two women in 1987 and looting the bodies of at least 102 women and girls between the ages of nine and 100 in morgues." Emphasis mine.

I am of course aware of that. My comment was meant to point out that it was poorly worded.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
looting the bodies

His booty was booty? Frown

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tinman, did you think Bob really read it that way?

What a terribly worded headline. Why do they get away with things like this? Don't they have editors?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post