Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Please Enunciate When Singing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Enunciate When Singing Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
quote:
According to the The Times of Beaver, Pa., the receptionist on Thursday called 19-year-old Travis Clawson, a student at Ambridge Area High School, to remind him of an appointment and heard Clawson’s voice mail greeting, his own rendition of the theme to the 1990s hit show starring Will Smith. She thought she heard the words “shooting people outside of the school,” The Times reported, though the actual words of the song are, “And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school.”

The receptionist called the police, who put all Beaver County schools on lockdown while they looked for Clawson, who, it turned out, was in his guidance counselor’s office. Police took him into custody. He said he was just imitating the show’s theme song, which features Will Smith rapping the words written by Quincy Jones, and The Times reported, the district attorney said authorities listened closely to the phone greeting and decided Clawson was right. He was released.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A felonious mondegreen! Oy! However, I do get frustrated trying to understand a lot of what popular (but seldom with me) singers shriek, moan, or mumble. Loud music in movies is also annoying. Must they crank up the volume to try to control my emotions because the plot's so thin it can't do it alone? Bah, humbug.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That is amazing, Bethree! I suppose, since Newtown, I can understand, but it's a sad world in which we live, isn't it?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post