Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Orwell, are you listening?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orwell, are you listening? Login/Join

posted

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although, there could be applications for this, there could also be ones that I wouldn't want to see made available. Sometimes, I don't even like my "imagined talk". I certainly wouldn't want others to know it. It is too much like mind-reading. Random thoughts come and go. Some aren't very nice. Would you really want to know another's thoughts? Would you want them to know yours? Even though, they say they wouldn't want it to be used like this, if the technique is developed, do you know how fast governments and the powerful would use it to control people?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of the movie, "What Men Want."

It sounds like it has potential for people with brain injuries and strokes. But I agree with Sattva in that it could be misused. I have some random thoughts, too, Sattva, that I wouldn't want published. Eek

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post