Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    "Bottom's Dream"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Bottom's Dream" Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Who's going to read Bottom's Dream ? If I know Wordcrafters, some of you already have. Roll Eyes This is the first English Language release of the 13-pound German novel by Arno Schmidt. Quote from Michael Orthofer, founder of Complete Review, a literary website, "I suspect it will mainly be a conversation piece."

13 pounds? It sounds like a Russian novel!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
I skimmed Zettel's Traum when I lived in Germany. It was huge! (I am surprised that it has been translated.)

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welll, my late father read Will & Ariel Durant's "The Story of Civilization" all the way through, and that weights about thirty pounds, but the type's not small. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
I've been reading incorrectly for years. I didn't realize I was supposed to uy books by the pound

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it took to translate it!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
In the old days I used to wait until expensive hardback books came out in paperback. Now I wait until they come out in ebook form.

Somehow, though, I suspect I'll have to wait a long while for a digital version of this. Roll Eyes

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
I suspect I'll have to wait a long while for a digital version of this.

Or get a bigger hard drive.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post