Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Finding Joy in Work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding Joy in Work Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I am at a conference where we are talking about finding joy in our work and how that relates to improvements in health care. I am listening intently, but probably am more cynical than most. I need to get into the spirit of things so as they were encouraging us to write poems or essays about our "joy," I came up with this less than stellar limerick. Any of your poetry submissions (funny or genuine) on the subject would be appreciated.

There once was a nurse with no joy
Who decided to act and deploy
The facts to the Chief;
She laid out her beef.
He considered and said, "Unemploy!"

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Now that I am back from my "joy" conference, I wondered why that famous "Casey at the Bat" poem never came up, i.e., "there is no joy in mudville." I just didn't think to bring it up, but it sure would have been appropriate.

If you click that link, there is a wonderful recitation of the poem by Ernest Lawrence Thayer. Be sure to listen to it!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post