Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resume Jargon Login/Join

posted
Kevin Donlin, author of "The Last Guide to Cover Letter & Resume Writing You'll Ever Need," has written an article for "Job Seeker Weekly" called "How Not to Write a Resume." (Or it may be an excerpt from his book; I'm not sure.) I particularly enjoyed this section and thought perhaps someone here would enjoy it also:

"Mistake #4: Jumbles of Jargon: Some resumes pile on the buzzwords in a vain effort to impress. Like this:

"'New-media pioneer working with technical and business professionals to create new ways of presenting content and impactful tools for producing content and organizing workflow.'

"We'll pass on 'impactful' for now -- what does a 'new-media pioneer' do, exactly? I've got a picture in my head of covered wagons and HD-TV, but I don't think that's right ...."

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
This is only a guess, but I'd say it means the writer was the first one on their block to get a iPod. Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arnie -- love it. Wink

Judging from today's news, better an iPod than a BlackBerry!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yep. Blackberries, or any of the others, keep everyone disconnected, even though they are supposed to keep people connected.

Ah, but before your time here, Saranita, we did discuss "impactful." Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post