Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    WaPo Capitalizes "whites"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WaPo Capitalizes "whites" Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
First time I’ve seen “whites” capitalized in a MSM article:
“…whether investigators failed to register the degree of danger because the overwhelming majority of the participants at the rally were White conservatives fiercely loyal to Trump.”

I’m going to guess-- based on this article -- WaPo made the choice thoughtfully. It seems to be implying that this cohort is part of a specific ethnic subset.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That makes sense to me. However, I've decided to be PC and say "melanin starved" for whites and "melanin rich" for blacks. Smile That way it keeps the nutty construct of race out if it.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it capitalized, either. I know APA was having a big controversy over it. Roll Eyes Some people don't have enough to do, I guess...

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post