Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Missing double negative?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing double negative? Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
This statement is on the internet about the NYT acquisition of wordless:- “ The statement released by the company says that Wordle "will be free to play for new and existing players, and no changes will be made to its gameplay." This does not mean that a paywall could appear later.Feb 13, 2022”

I think there is actually a double negative MISSING in the last sentence which I think is intended to say that it could be put behind a paywall later. Opinions?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"New and existing" suggests that it'll remain free. They may change their minds, of course. I'm too stupid to understand how to play it, so it's of no consequence to me either way.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Shu plays all the time. I prefer playing Words with Friends, though it is a compelling game. I agree with Geoff that it suggests that it is free.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post