Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A fun lecture Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
At a recent symposium on joy in health care a "wizard" (actually called that) would reflect on our learning at the end of the day. (Yes, this is a strange symposium; everyone but me calls it "summer camp." I seriously doubt I'd be allowed to attend were I to call it that!) One day our wizard was talking about ways he has experienced joy in his work. Here is an example: He used to attend lectures where the students would present, and a group of them would always sit in the back. They then would challenge each other to use a certain word during the talk, no matter what the talk was about; one example was Newfoundland. When the lecturer would use the word, the whole audience would be serious...with the exception of the back row. They'd be dissolved in laughter.

I'm thinking of challenging a speaker to use the word epicaricacy in a lecture. Wink

We've talked here about counting the number of "ummms" that are said when a lecture is really boring. I did that recently. Are there any other ways you've had fun during long, boring lectures?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean, other than eating chili beforehand?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6169 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post