Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excuse me? Login/Join

posted
From an Associated Press article in today's paper about the Central Park Jogger who was attacked 14 years ago:

"Meili, who is now married and lives in a Connecticut suburb, remembers nothing of that terrible night."

She is writing a memoir about the event.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Morgan, could it be that she is writing the memoir about her healing from the event? Even though she didn't remember specifics, I am sure she has many scars.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please understand, I am in no way diminishing what she went through. And I understand that this book is more about the recovery than the event that caused it. I just found it quite astonishing that they would call the book a memoir about something she doesn't remember.

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
Along slightly similar lines, one of my all-time favorite celebrities of the 50's, Oscar Levant, wrote several auto-biographies including the intruigingly entitled Memoirs of an Amnesiac.

(Another was The Unimportance of Being Oscar. Could that guy write titles, or what? I highly recommend both.)

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post