Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    The conversation is waiting.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The conversation is waiting. Login/Join

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted
Grand Marnier cognac will soon roll out an interesting ad campaign. Each ad will briefly raise a social issue, and then close with the tag line: The conversation is waiting. Go there.
  • Your sister is finally getting remarried. Her fiancée's name is Jill.
    The conversation is waiting. Go there.

• You need to tell your boss you're taking a new job. Full-time dad.

• Maybe it's time to experience reality, without the TV.
A nice theme. Thoughts? Reflections? Other issues?

The conversation is waiting.

Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
Definitely an improvement over your average commercial. In most ads, the conversation is wanting.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I like it too, but I am skeptical. Our ads, by and large, are atrocious, IMHO. Car ads are the worst. To think that the average American wants to buy a car because it is "sexy" is insulting.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris J. Strolin
posted Hide Post
"You've decided to reduce the time you spend with friends on the computer and hope to see Europe next year. The conversation is waiting."

And I love Grand Marnier though it's so wildly over here it's only an occasional extravagance. Is it any cheaper over there? (One more motivation to get my butt in gear.)

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
A site aimed at British folks taking advantage of trips to France for "duty-free" drinks - http://www.day-tripper.net/pricesspirits.html - gives the price of a one litre bottle varying from £17.25 to £18.99. That's very roughly $34. Remember that's duty-free; it would be a lot more if bought in this country. In general, booze, like tobacco and petrol (gas) has a very high rate of duty added.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post