Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    The End of Faith
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The End of Faith Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Has anyone here read The End of Faith by Sam Harris? Any comments from the Flat Earth Society? Members of The Inquisition? Others? Unless you're arnie, you'll want your dictionary handy!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I haven't read it, Asa, but maybe I should; it might help me with the bluffing game! Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 8000 posts Kalleh. I'm over 10K on RealBeer.com. Sorry to hijack this thread. Carry on.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, Chaz, even I hadn't notice that! Thank you! I suppose the midwest is losing to the middle atlantic over there on real beer. Oh well, I tried!

I have been busy, but I must go over and visit you guys. Cool

posted Hide Post
I hope you'll have time to stop over and Richard too. Happy holidays to you all.
(And the Mid-Atlantic is crushing the Mid West Razz)

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I just posted a message on Realbeer, and I will be back again. Life has been busy and full of surprises lately. Richard has been very busy, too, moving and all.

For the Wordcrafters, Chaz is Richard's and my friend from Realbeer.com.

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Asa Lovejoy: Has anyone here read The End of Faith by Sam Harris? Unless you're arnie, you'll want your dictionary handy!
Do I detect a source of material for posts, or for the bluffing game?

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Perhaps. Some of his language is esoteric but not to the point of great rarity. Philosophers and religious scholars will know his words, but his use of language is often delicious. Read it and see fer yerseff! (He manages to offend pretty near the whole of humankind, BTW!) Razz

posted Hide Post
Did you catch the interview he gave on CSpan2 last Sunday? It was truly marvelous.

Posts: 48 | Location: In the middle of the U.S.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Since we can't afford cable or satellite right now, we have neither. Maybe I can get a transcript. Thanks for the heads-up!