Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Great headlines for our times...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great headlines for our times... Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Re world class nutcase David Icke

Holocaust Denier Who Believes Alien Lizards Rule The World Banned From Entering Australia

(abc.net.au)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send him here; he'll feel right at home as T. Rump's press secretary.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It is amazing to me how quickly a country can fall. I'd have never believed it had I not been experiencing it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
While everyone here must know I am hardly a Donald nor a Pence supporter (far from it!), but I did find this headline in the Wash Post rather unfair:

"Trump and Pence tweeted about Notre Dame fire but said nothing when 3 black churches burned"

There is a bit of a difference.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
While everyone here must know I am hardly a Donald nor a Pence supporter (far from it!), but I did find this headline in the Wash Post rather unfair:

"Trump and Pence tweeted about Notre Dame fire but said nothing when 3 black churches burned"

There is a bit of a difference.

I agree. There is no equivalence here at all. Journalists do no one any favours when they resort to this kind of non-story simply as a way of attacking someone they don't like. There is enough to legitimately attack Donald Trump for without resorting to this kind of nonsense.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is enough to legitimately attack Donald Trump for without resorting to this kind of nonsense.
Amen!

posted Hide Post
Only on Fox "news:" Thousands of fish perish after fire at Jim Beam warehouse

I didn't know fish swam in whiskey, but I bet they died happy!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Some of these headlines are hilarious.

posted Hide Post
The Russian cat lady should have been in KamCHAT ka. (French for "cat.") That's a fake eel in the seal's nose. You can see the sewing seam if you look closely. Upside down shower? Idiot, that's a douche!

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I totally remember the day lucky drivers on NJ Route 3 found themselves in the wake of floating cash thanks to a malfunctioning armored Brinck’s truck! Route 3 is always a mess—right in the snakesnest of exchanges near NYC—my hubby used to have to drive it long ago. Those commuters deserved the tip!

These headlines are mostly interesting stories as opposed to goofball editorial errors, but this one gave me pause: “The Pope Just Married Two Flight Attendants at 30,000 ft.”

Feel-good story: two elderly gents missing from their nursing home turned out to be enjoying themselves at a heavy-metal concert.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From "The Guardian"
Elon Musk's lawyer asks cave explorer to apologize for insulting submarine

Let's see: Does the submarine insult people or do people insult it? Since when does an inanimate object give a damn? Roll Eyes

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I love these headlines, and whenever I read them, I think of Proof. He used to post so many. I wonder where he got them all.