Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick game - Horstead Keynes poll
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick game - Horstead Keynes poll Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Hey...Geoff, we love your limericks! Keep 'em comin'! Mad

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Well done, Alphie! While I admit that I voted for #10 because yours required a knowledge of the chatter on this thread, I do think it was absolutely the most clever!

In case anyone wonders, #2 was mine. That's twice in a row that my entry has disappeared, which suggests I'd best do likewise! I'll stick with the Bluffing Game from now on!

I promise you I didn't delete it. It had disappeared in between my copying it to the forum and my going back to check who wrote what.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Geoff, go to your PMs (Go > Personal Zone > Private Messaging). Does the PM you sent to Richard appear? If not, it is likely that you deleted it. The deletion of a PM by the originator removes it from both the sender's and receiver's PM lists. That's why we say not to delete PMs for games until the game is over.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a good job we have you around to help us with these confounded computers, Arnie Wink

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PM does not appear, but I do not remember deleting it this time. It's gremlins, I tell you, gremlins hereabouts!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Geoff, whatever happened, please keep them coming!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
My PM does not appear, but I do not remember deleting it this time. It's gremlins, I tell you, gremlins hereabouts!
As you say, it's those electronic gremlins. Even if I had inadvertently deleted your email it would only have deleted my copy - I don't have access to your computer.

Of course, it's easy enough to click on the wrong button and delete something and, once it's gone, it's gone.

Richard English

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Can you believe we have 57 responses in this thread about choosing our favorite limerick? We are a funny bunch, aren't we?

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Just trying to kick it up 60 responses. Just kidding, but was really trying to prod Alphie to kick off a new game.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh hey, hi Smile

Sorry for dragging my feet, I was keeping out the way while the Daffynition game was in progress and also wrestling with whether to set the next round in Muncie, in an attempt to make the game irresistable to Geoff. BUT it's a terribly difficult rhyme, so I wasn't sure if I should.

Any opinions?

Posts: 153 | Location: Merrie Olde EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Welcome, pal, to the good town of Muncie.
We all hope that you'll have lots of fun. See
The college named Ball
And that's about all
You can visit. I guess that you're done. Si.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Proofreader>,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, Alphie, we can do two games at once. I am dying to write another limerick! Cool

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Especially those of us who don't play the daffynitions game!

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well as nobody has expressed a negative opinion, and Proofreader seems quite keen, (I hope he hasn't just burned himself out) the next round of the Limerick Game is set in Muncie.

(Let's see if it tempts Geoff back into the fold.)

New thread
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/ev...340012336#3340012336

Posts: 153 | Location: Merrie Olde EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post