Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Punctuation Game
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Punctuation Game Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
You may enjoy the EATS SHOOTS & LEAVES Punctuation Game. It may have been posted here before, but I'm not in the mood to look it up.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a fun game - although the last two (I think) in the 'comma' section I felt were subjective, and an argument could be made for or against the comma, depending on the speed, rhythm and tone of voice at which the author wanted each phrase to be read. That's how I tend to think of commas outside of the usual rules - if I want the reader to pause, I insert one; if I want the words to run into one another I won't.

That's not very eloquent because I'm tired. I hope you all get what I'm trying to say.

Posts: 669 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Awww, Shu, you're always in a good mood to me, and Cat, you're always eloquent! Wink

I didn't put an apostrophe in "four yards worth," though I can see that I was wrong. Darn...it had to be the apostrophe!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post