Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Shopiere
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Shopiere Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Back to my childhood. I was raised on a farm a bike ride away from Shopiere, Wisconsin. This was a delightful community with a creek running through it, where we'd swim every summer. The creek had dam that we'd slide down (not that safe - but fun!). In the winter we'd ice skate on the frozen pond. They had a great 4th of July parade where they threw candy from the floats to all the kids. As a teenager, I worked in the Shopiere Store, where they paid me every Friday from the cash register. Brings back memories!

It is pronounced show-PEER. Please send me your limericks via PM by Sunday, and then I'll post them on Monday. Have fun!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! You don't give much time, do you!

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a lightning round! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
So, Indiana's not the only US state that can't pronounce French terms and names. Oh, welllll...

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ready or not, here they come! Just sent in my limericks. I might not be good, but I'm fast Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
I might not be good, but I'm fast Big Grin
How many men know this? Eek

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
quote:
I might not be good, but I'm fast Big Grin
How many men know this? Eek

not enough! lol

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! You don't give much time, do you!

I had a request to speed this game up. The only thing that could hold this up would be the slow (to nil) wireless I am experiencing at home. It almost makes me want to return to my Shopiere days!

So, come on, folks, and get your Shopiere limericks to me. I have 6 already. Hab? Greg? Tinman? Bob? Kalleh? (yeah, mines not in yet either)... Let's go!

posted Hide Post
Yessssss, dearrrr.... I'm trying, honest. Frown
Henpecked by someone else's wife! Oy!

posted Hide Post
Okay, I am feeling bad now as it was me that asked for the speedup. I am sometimes a tad (or more) too impatient. I could blame this on the fact that I feel like I have too little time left in this body for anything that takes much time, but I have probably always been this way to some degree.

I actually can understand why it would take more time to come up with a limerick or two (especially, good ones!) than voting. Personally, I don't think the voting should take more than several days.

However, with that said, I am new here and if everyone is happy with things, I should just shut up and enjoy the way it is. I loved tinman's witty comments that went along with saying who wrote what!!!

posted Hide Post
Sattva, I'm glad you're here! Agree or not, you've lit a fire under this board! Good going!

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I can roll them out with sattva-like speed, and other times, like this one, nothing comes, but I have managed to throw one in the mix.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I have 10 so far. Not bad! I'll post them on Monday. In the meantime, here is an "entertainment" one from Shu:

Have some madeira m'dear,
Whispered I to the maid from Shopiere.
To the bedroom I carried her,
And thereafter married her:
Ah, forty-odd years now, my dear.

We just had our 40th anniversary! Smile

posted Hide Post
Oh, there is no clapping emoticon for Shu Frown
I clapped in my mind!

posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, my, I am swimming in limericks at this point. I am in Philadelphia right now and will fly home tomorrow. I am hoping to post them while I am at the airport because I don't get home until late (not sure why I picked Monday to post them. Roll Eyes) And, yes, Shu sent me one and is hoping to come up with another.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tinman wins (already) for sending in the most. Wow!