Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Two antennas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two antennas Login/Join

posted
A friend e-mailed me the romantic story of two antennas who met on a roof, fell in love, and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

(He tells me this story is on car-talk, and that it continues. But I'd bet we can do better.)

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
I'd always thought an antenna was a male symbol. But from what I hear this wasn't a gay wedding.

In fact, the bride was a real dish.

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
The party was a riot.

And the atmosphere was a gas.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
A while later they had two kids; one of each: UHF and VHF.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When talking about the things on the roof is the correct plural antennas or antennae?

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Were they married in Sparks, Nevada? Is the male well grounded? Was his name Ariel? And I hear that the female had been previously seduced very quickly by a cad named Lightning Rod. Fortunately, she soon realised that they weren't on the same wavelength. Oh, yeah, the musical group at the wedding was the Broadcast Band, and the MC at the reception was Radar O'Reilly.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
According to rumor, both the bride and the groom were wired co-axially.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
Alas! Though they had hoped to achieve society acclaim by having the prestige of the Duchess Potatoes, the best they could attain was a mere common tater.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Seanahan:
When talking about the things on the roof is the correct plural antennas or antennae?

That depends on how many legs the things on your roof have! Cool

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
the best they could attain was a mere common tater.

Was this posted in Current Affairs?

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
If any knows why these two should not be joined together, let him speak now or forever hold his earpiece.

By the power surge invested in me, I now pronounce you axial and coaxial.