Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing game - abligurition
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing game - abligurition Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Here's our next word: Abligurition

Send me your daffynitions by PM!

[Edited misspelling of word]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Seems we now have two running. Shall we keep them both or go with one for now and then run straiht into the other?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Since Proofreader got his in first, I've sent him a daffynition. However, I'll go ahead and send Kalleh one. Feast or feminine! No, that's feast or fumin'. No, it's fist or famine. Uhhh... Oh, hell, you know what I mean.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I've sent one to Proof as well. If this game continues I'll send an entry to Kalleh.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
So sorry. I missed Proof's. After our chat, Shu had suggested that I start the next game, and I must not have checked to see if someone else had started one.

Let's do proof's game first (since he was first!), and I'll do mine when his is done.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I've sent one to Proofreader now. Let me know when this game starts and I'll send another.

<Proofreader>
posted
Woult the people who insisted that the game not end please join in this one?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Woult the people who insisted that the game not end please join in this one?

Huh? We've already sent in daffynitions for the one you started, Proof. Kalleh's withdrawn this game and we can do this one when yours is finished.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
We're doing both proof, yours first then immediately afterwards Kalleh's.

You should have my definition for yours.

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
You have mine for this one now.

WM

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I've sent in my entry.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Keep 'em coming!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am afraid I got busy with the limerick game and forgot about the Bluffing Game!

So far I have submissions from Asa, Proof, Arnie, Bob, and Wordmatic. Are there any more? I'm off to Philadelphia tomorrow and will try to post it when I get there either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay, here we go. Pick the real definition of abligurition from these great daffynitions!

1) paling, turning white

2) a congregation of ghosts

3) a state of confusion that results from conflicting commands from multiple superiors in business or industry

4) excessive spending on food and drink

5) a hydroxylated permalgam of chrystalline albumin suffused with deuterium silicates, used exclusively by the nuclear waste industry

6) extraction of melanin from skin cells

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I'll try 1, even though I see my marvelous entry, that most certainly have won, is missing.

(Probably because I cleared out MY PMs before you had copied it off and thus deleted it from your list too.)

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
They all look completely fake to me. On the assumption that one of them is true, though, I'll go for 6).

<Proofreader>
posted
With obesity from shore to shore
And our motto is "Just give me more!"
I'm encouraged to think
(Though my logic may stink)
That the answer must be number four.

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
I agree, they all seem phony, so I'll guess three.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll try 1, even though I see my marvelous entry, that most certainly have won, is missing.

(Probably because I cleared out MY PMs before you had copied it off and thus deleted it from your list too.)
I am sorry, Bob. I never copy the daffynitions or the limericks from my PMs until I post them, so that was the problem. Your daffy is not in my PM list.

Please remember Wordcrafters, if you start a PM and then delete it, it is also deleted from the person to whom you sent it.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Come on, baby dolls...let's have some more guesses! Geez Louise! (I can't remember who used to say that, but I almost love it as much as "that dusts my doilies!")

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
They all wanted to guess my MISSING definition.

Not that I'm going on and on about it. Roll Eyes

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
OK, Kalleh, I'll guess 4 and five also! Big Grin And 6 because arnie did!

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Oh, and you have DUSTY DOILIES!?!?!? Eek

<Proofreader>
posted
Is that anything like asses on antimacassars?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I don't know where it came from, but I heard it from somebody who has been around for awhile, and I love it. I always get a smile when I use it, though I suppose it now sounds like I've been around for awhile...

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay, here goes:

1) paling, turning white arnie's; guessed by Bob

2) a congregation of ghosts Kalleh's...no takers

3) a state of confusion that results from conflicting commands from multiple superiors in business or industry Wordmatic's, and guessed by Asa

4) excessive spending on food and drink The real thing; guessed correctly by Proof

5) a hydroxylated permalgam of chrystalline albumin suffused with deuterium silicates, used exclusively by the nuclear waste industry Proofreader's; guessed by no one

6) extraction of melanin from skin cells Asa's...I think! Guessed by arnie

I am not sure about the number 6 daffynition because it is no longer in my PMs. Someone deleted it. Asa, was that yours? I didn't even get Bob's in because he, too, had deleted his. I should have had a deadline, I guess. Again, remember, if you delete PMs you started from your box, the receiver's is also deleted.

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:

I am not sure about the number 6 daffynition because it is no longer in my PMs.

It was indeed mine.

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Oh, darn! I missed the vote, and Kalleh, I was going to vote for 2 (even though it sounded as fake as the others Big Grin) , so you can go back in and edit the answers and say that I did!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
A tip on disappearing PMs: if you set your preferences so that you receive an email notification of your PMs, then even if the writer deletes it from his PM box, it will still be in your email.

WM

<Proofreader>
posted
I searched and I searched (quite in vain)
For a ghost congregation. My brain
Was just twirling in space
Trying to think of the place
Where you'd find such a crew. OH! Spookane.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, Proof. I truly hope you win the WPSI because clearly limericks are your thing. How many did you send? It really does depend on the number sent, I think. I only sent in one so my chances of winning even a mention are nil.

WM, I'll take that as a vote for mine! Wink It was funny how I came to it. I was thinking of ghosts because of the albi (which had been a typo as it's really abli!), and then someone said "congregation" on the TV, so I had it!

Who is next? Let's keep these going!