Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing game - nisgul
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing game - nisgul Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Thanks for the last game, Asa.

Now for the next Bluffing Game word:

nisgul

Go to it, Wordcrafters! Send me a PM with your daffynition (or two if you'd like). I hope this game goes better than my limerick game (oh, and if you've not sent me a limerick on Limerick, there's still time!).

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I have one daffynition so far, and it's a winner.

I need some more...

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Now I have 4...but I need more. Come, come!

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Hey, where is everybody?

Lonesome ol' Asa

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
This word apparently hasn't been very intriguing, Asa. I'll try again.

I only have daffys from Asa, arnie, Jerry and Proof. Please could I have a few more? Pretty Please? With sugar and cream????

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I'll send you one later today.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Bob, you PMed me instead of Kalleh. I suppose you'd best concoct a new daffynition and send it to her! Big Grin

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Done. Pity, I thought the one I sent you was better than the one I've rplaced it with

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Send it to me, Asa. I need daffies!

I will post the answers Sunday evening, CST. A fow more would be greatly appreciated!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It is time to put this poor, unpopular word to rest.

Here are the entries.

1) n (Middle English dialect) the smallest and weakest bird in a brood of chickens.

2) In Pashtun tradition, the right of a leader to a new bride before her new husband takes her.

3) An oxidation resistant coating used for welding wire.

4) A brick-built oven used in Northern India and Pakistan.

5) From Algerian French/Arabic, the practice of forcing people to strip naked and run a gantlet.

6) A person found innocent of charges. From the Latin, "not who".

7) A young female person who does the right thing -- always. (Black country pronunciation of "nice girl."]

8) End perforations on certain mailings that have to be ripped off to open the envelope.

9) A black and white bird found on the south eastern coast of Africa and in Madagascar.

Since a couple of people submitted two daffies, we have a nice variety. Any ideas what the problem was with this word?

Please take a guess, even if you didn't send in a daffynition. Thanks in advance!

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
They all sound equally unlikely to me. I'll try number 8.

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
The dart that I flung at the list punctured number five, so that's my guess.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
My dart punctured my monitor and I can't read the list, so I'll take FOUR.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I'll have a shot at ONE.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
The process of elimination (meaning I've soiled my knickers)leads me to conclude that arnie's right, yet it doesn't "feel" right. Oh, well, #1

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Let's have a few more guesses, pretty please?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
You want a few more? OK, I'll take 6 and 9 too. Big Grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay, teammates, I'll post the answers this weekend.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Time to put this baby to bed. Thanks to all of you who participated, and for those of you who didn't? Well, let's just say the word "pox" entered my mind! Wink Kidding of course; I know how busy everyone is.

1) n (Middle English dialect) the smallest and weakest bird in a brood of chickens. Correct! (Collin's Dictionary; word found on WWFTD) - Selected by arnie and Asa.

2) In Pashtun tradition, the right of a leader to a new bride before her new husband takes her. Asa's kalleh attempt; no takers.

3) An oxidation resistant coating used for welding wire. From the real Kalleh, but no takers.

4) A brick-built oven used in Northern India and Pakistan. Bob's lost one; selected by Proof

5) From Algerian French/Arabic, the practice of forcing people to strip naked and run a gantlet. Asa's naked one, and selected by our fully-dressed (usually!) Jerry

6) A person found innocent of charges. From the Latin, "not who". Arnie's the who, but no takers.

7) A young female person who does the right thing -- always. (Black country pronunciation of "nice girl."] Sounds like Bob's, but this "nice" boy was Jerry, with no takers.

8) End perforations on certain mailings that have to be ripped off to open the envelope. Proof ripped Bob off with this one.

9) A black and white bird found on the south eastern coast of Africa and in Madagascar. Bob's bird, but no takers.