Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing Game - lask
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing Game - lask Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Well, it has been awhile, so I am firing up a new game.

Our new Bluffing Game word is lask. Please send me a PM (with "lask" in the subject line), so that I can collect your daffynitions. Please do not delete the PM until we're done with the game.

Now...get going!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
Sent it.

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is in the mail to you.

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've received TrossL's, Jo's, Jerry's, and arnie's. How about the rest of you? Keep 'em coming!

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I'll send you one tonight

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to be blinded by an inspiration but will get you one today.

WM

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Mine's on the way

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I PM'd you with mine. Holler if you didn't get it as I am green at PMing.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, this will be a great game...I've got Bob's, Myth's and bethree's now. Wordmatic, get your you-know-what in gear and send me one!

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Are you asking me to get my lask in gear, at lask?
Well I might just have time to do that now, if only I can find the words...
Big Grin
...Matic

P.S. it's in your in-bin now!

Edited to add P.S.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wordmatic,

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Perfecto! I have plenty now. I will post the daffys...and the real answer (which I'm hoping nobody will get right!)...tomorrow. Are there any others? Haberdasher? CW?

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Sorry - has missed it earlier - I'm in - my submission is in your PM.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well...beautiful! I don't know what happened to Hab this time, but maybe he'll at least take a guess. Thanks, everyone, for your fantastic daffys, and it goes without saying, don't check Onelook (or whatever you check) before selecting your answer. Here goes:

1) a finely pointed instrument used by archaeologists to remove tiny grains of soil and sand from the crackled surfaces of artifacts

2) a small wooden support piece inside the canvas wing of an airplane

3) n. A slightly fermented cabbage and leek soup, named for the town of Lask, Poland where it was first created.

4) It's a double bluff...there really isn't such a word (except a very rare surname, with the population rank in the U.S. of #70938; but surnames aren't allowed in the Bluffing Game).

5) elliptical file for surgical use

6) To alter the direction of a weave to create a pattern on a woven object.

7) one of several grommets used for attaching the spinnaker to the jibsail in medium-size vessels.

8) v. To be afflicted with diarrhea. "'I'm sorry,' said the secretary, 'but Mr. Cooper happens to be lasking at the moment. May I take a message?'"

9) v. to lie in the sun, sunbathe. She lasked beside the pool.

10) A sailor's drink consisting of rum and molasses.

11) A small barrel, holding roughly five pints, used for spirits such as rum, gin, &c.

Wow...eleven...even I'm impressed! There are some wonderful ones, too. Thanks a bunch, and guess away now!

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
I am hereby voting ..... for Number Three.

~~~~~ jerry

Cool

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
I'll take a chance on #5.

WM

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I like 1,2,3,5,10 and 11 so I'll try 6. Smile

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of 4. But I'll try 3.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well for once, Arnie and I disagree. I'll run for #8. Razz

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Five responses...how about a few more, please?

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
I like #3, but I'm going to go w/#6.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
TrossL? Myth? CW? Any others?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I really am a needler, aren't I (My husband always tells me it should be "am I not," but that sounds so pretentious!)? Anywho...could we please, pretty please, have a few more guesses on these delightful daffynitions? What has happened to Hab in the Bluffing Game? TrossL, Myth and CW all sent me daffys, so I'd think they'd want to guess.

posted Hide Post
I suspect everyone was out cavorting or 'membering or marching or barbecuing for the holiday weekend and is now paying the price. There will be more votes. Give it a couple of days for the hangovers to wear off and the sunburns to cool down.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
everyone was out cavorting or 'membering or marching or barbecuing for the holiday weekend
We had a Bank Holiday on Monday over here in England, as well. In most parts it rained hard all day, with cold winds and temperatures in the 40s F. Some places had their coldest day ever for the end of May. Frown

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At first glance, #5 seemed the best choice to me; but, knowing Kalleh is involved in the medical field, I suspect that #8 is the right answer and it was made to look like it wasn't. So I go with 8.

Myth Jellies
Cerebroplegia--the cure is within our grasp

Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
Well no one else guessed #2, so I'll guess #2.

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Great...we now have Myth and TrossL...I will rattle CW's cage and then let you know who the big winner(s) is/are (I must keep a poker face Wink).

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Sheesh - can you tell I've been busy? I keep missing things!

11 for me please, simply because I'm that thirsty.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Thanks, CW! Here we go...

1) a finely pointed instrument used by archaeologists to remove tiny grains of soil and sand from the crackled surfaces of artifacts Wordmatic's...guessed by no one

2) a small wooden support piece inside the canvas wing of an airplane CW's...guessed by TrossL

3) n. A slightly fermented cabbage and leek soup, named for the town of Lask, Poland where it was first created. Jo's...guessed by Arnie and Jerry

4) It's a double bluff...there really isn't such a word (except a very rare surname, with the population rank in the U.S. of #70938; but surnames aren't allowed in the Bluffing Game). Kalleh's...guessed by no one

5) elliptical file for surgical use bethree5's...guessed by Wordmatic

6) To alter the direction of a weave to create a pattern on a woven object. Myth Jellies's...guessed by bethree5 & Bob

7) one of several grommets used for attaching the spinnaker to the jibsail in medium-size vessels. Jerry's...guessed by no one

8) v. To be afflicted with diarrhea. "'I'm sorry,' said the secretary, 'but Mr. Cooper happens to be lasking at the moment. May I take a message?'" verbatim definition in Depraved and Insulting English, by Novobatzky & Shea...correctly guessed by Jo and Myth

9) v. to lie in the sun, sunbathe. She lasked beside the pool. TrossL's...guessed by no one

10) A sailor's drink consisting of rum and molasses. Bob's...guessed by no one

11) A small barrel, holding roughly five pints, used for spirits such as rum, gin, &c. Arnie's...guessed by CW

Great job, guys! Big Grin

Oh...I forgot...Who's next? This was fun!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kalleh,