Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    A limerick contest
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A limerick contest Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
We've been talking about haboobs here, so I thought I'd bring this limerick contest forward, in case anyone is interested. I just came back from Phoenix and a columnist there (Clay Thompson) has a limerick contest going about the heat or other weather situations going on in Arizona. I submitted one, which I am sure won't win...but you are all more talented than I am. Here is the link if you're interested. It's due by the close of business on Friday, which is on Mountain time, but they didn't go on daylight savings time, so they are 2 hours behind Central time, 3 hours behind Eastern time, 1 hour behind Mountain time in other cities, and the same as Pacific time.

Submit away!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about haboobs, but I bet there are lots of sweaty ones there.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, well. Clay hasn't been back to me, so I must have lost. I can understand why; this is the one I sent him:

“’Tis a dry heat,” my family will bray
While I roast through the night and the day.
I’m from the Midwest;
In Phoenix…a guest,
Where it’s more like an oven, I’d say!

I never quite hit that last line. I am sure some of you could!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post