Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    What is it? two
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is it? two Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
While we await Richard's posting of the Small Dole Lims, perhaps you might like to tell me exactly what a

Bortle's _________ Scale

is used for. The dashes indicate a word or words that could greatly simplify your test, so they've been excised for now.

Send a PM with your daffynitions and I'll post them along with the real definition soon.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've sent you a daffy. This is for the Bluffing game, right? In that case, we don't have to wait for Richard as he is playing the Limerick Game.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bea
posted Hide Post
I think I know this one as I have avoided to pay household tax which is used for funding these horrid orange street lighting things - so my guess for the missing word is:

"Darkness"

quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
While we await Richard's posting of the Small Dole Lims, perhaps you might like to tell me exactly what a

Bortle's _________ Scale

is used for. The dashes indicate a word or words that could greatly simplify your test, so they've been excised for now.

Send a PM with your daffynitions and I'll post them along with the real definition soon.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw

<Proofreader>
posted
I won't comment on the validity of your guess, Bea, since the purpose of the game is for particpants to send the person in charge a Private Message with a definition not necessarily the correct one. Then the other players try to figure out which daffynition is likely to be the true one once they are posted. So send me your idea PM.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sent a Private Message with my daffynition.

Bea, have you figured out how to do a Private Message on this board yet? If not, we'll help!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Daffynition on its way by PM.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post