Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Box Hill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Box Hill Login/Join

Picture of Greg S
posted
Sorry for the delay in posting this game. We have had our son and his wife staying with us for 3 weeks, which culminated on the night before they left to return to China, with my son and I reliving a 1989 memory when he was just 11, and I took him to a Bee Gees concert at Rod Laver Arena, where he became a life-long Bee Gees fan. Only one of them left now but Barry Gibb was always the main star of the show and he hasn't lost it. A very entertaining night, with some shared memories of his brothers, and he was joined on stage at various times by his son, and Maurice's daughter.

With my son and his wife over from China how could I go past Box Hill, an eastern suburb of Melbourne. There could be an interesting rhyme or two there if people choose to rhyme both syllables. I grew up not far from there and it was a typical Melbourne Eastern suburb, inhabited by white Caucasians, of mainly British descent, with a smattering of Greek, Italian and various Asian nationals, but now you would swear you were China. The shops that don't have dual language signage, only have Chinese signage, and the British descendants like myself are few and far between.

Send me your limericks by PM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg S,

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Your son is 135? Good heavens! How old are you?

(I am however pretty sure the Bee Gees were around in 1889 Smile)

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Like your sense of humour Bob. I have fixed the typo now.

Actually the Bee Gees, left Australia to make a name for themselves overseas, following in the footsteps of The Easybeats (Friday on My Mind), in 1966, when I was just 13. Shortly after their departure Spicks and Specks became there first big hit in Australia.

Regards Greg

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
No entries yet?

Regards Greg

posted Hide Post
I've only now seen it. What's a Bee Gee? I know about Gee Bees http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gee_Bee_Model_R But not the other way around. Do you Aussies fly backwards? Is that it? Big Grin

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's a Bee Gee?

A "B"rother "G"ibb, a very much endangered species, with only one remaining.

Quite a few entries rolling in now. Keep it up

Regards Greg

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I know you have at least one entry now.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IS Box Hill where they made the caskets for Boot Hill? Do you have any besides Kalleh's and mine? Surely Proofreader has entered six of them all by himself.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Should have had mine some time ago.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I could possibly have a chance at getting a vote in this one.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
The Poll is posted - Good luck Kalleh.

Regards Greg