Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Nonsense words
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nonsense words Login/Join

posted
Can anyone help me? I'm teaching a primary class next week on nonsense poetry and i'm trying to think of nonsense words to describe an sharp, pointy, spikey object. Can anyone think of any good ones? Many thanks

posted Hide Post
well, the number one sharp, pointy object of all time is undoubtedly Lewis Carroll's vorpal blade.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Welcome, teacher1! Thanks, tsuwm, for the link to Jabberwocky...Carroll was so brilliant.

I found a site for nonsense words, though I couldn't find one meaning "sharp or pointy." Some of their nonsense words are actual words, such as gobsmacked. They did have one word that I liked: Penciventilate, meaning "to blow upon a pencil after having removed it from the sharpener." Now we should have a word for that!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
If you don't mind my making some up, how about prickulous? Or maybe slicentious? Or needliferous?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post