Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Amboise
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Amboise Login/Join

posted
Let's travel to France for the next location: https://www.google.com/search?...ceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

PM your limericks to me, please.

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clarification requested: Do you mean that to be pronounced like English "AM-boys," or Frenchish "om-BWOZZ," or something else entirely??

Posts: 6269 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take your pick, Hab, but I had the French one in mind. If you know of a town of Amboise in the US of A which pronounces it Am-boys, let 'er rip! Here in In Diana - or is it Indy-Anna there are lots of French names that the locals utterly mangle, such as Terra-Hawt, Versails, and others.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

posted Hide Post
Well, there's Perth Amboy and South Amboy (NJ, flanking the Raritan River), and I saw at least three other states in Google Maps that have Amboys, but somehow that doesn't sound like it'll be useful. I'll have to start with the raspberries and see where that takes me...

Posts: 6269 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you run out of raspberries you can take a leek or three: https://www.allrecipes.com/rec...classic-vichyssoise/

posted Hide Post
Come on, folks, Amboise isn't impossible! Please send some limericques!!!

posted Hide Post
Two of you have contibuted so far, and they're good! C'mon, get out a French phrase book, search the "rhymes with" sites, and gimmie some limericks!

posted Hide Post
Now we have three contributors. Shu? Kalleh? Tinman? Others? Gimmie limericks!

posted Hide Post
Several from the tree contributors so far - and they are highly imaginative! Come on, you non-participants, you can do it! Contribute!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay. I've sent one to you, Geoff, using my pronunciation. We'll see what others think of it. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To quote an old Leggy Pee song, Is That All There Is? If so I'll publish them on the morrow.