Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Rye
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Rye Login/Join

Picture of Greg S
posted
As mentioned in the Sassafras thread, the beach-side town of Rye on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula is the new location for our limerick game.

It spans the peninsula so has a nice family friendly, bayside beach, that hosts a huge summer carnival that all the kids go to when they're not at the beach, and on the other side an Ocean beach with great surfing. It's also home to the famous Dunes golf course and is close to several other courses of some note.

Hopefully this town will be much easier and the PMs for Rye will start flowing shortly.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry that I haven't sent one into you, yet. Where I get hung up is in the meter. I can't seem to get it down. The fifth line always feels and sounds the worse to me.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And you should have mine

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
I have 2 from Bob, and one other, only. Come on folks this one should be super easy.

Regards Greg

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Finally checking in. Damn, so sorry to have missed Sassafras! Have been inundated with big-deal choral concert in May, & winding up school year [as usual every May...] Will try to get in on this one!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've been out of commission, too, traveling all over the place. But I am finally back for awhile now. I did send you one, though.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
I have 8-9 Rye limericks now, so will publish a Poll in 24 hours, giving the stragglers a day to get one in.

Regards Greg

posted Hide Post
After tweaking it more, I sent you an updated version of the limerick I had sent, previously. I won't say the tweaks made it substantially better, though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sattva,

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
The Poll has been posted. 9 excellent limericks from 6 contestants.

Regards Greg