Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Epitaths Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
Richard commented, "If you sacked politicians every time they told lies you pretty soon have none left."

Lying reminds me of epitaphs: Here I lie. Any interesting epitaths, humorous or serious?

A Lawyer's Tombstone
Even my tombstone gives the truth away.
It says to all who face this little hill,
"Hic jacet." (Here I lie.) or should it say,
"Here I lie [still]"?

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Great thread, Shoe. I found this funny site.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Great thread, Shoe. I found this funny http://www.made2smile.com/funpages/epitaph/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My one post for the week !

From snopes

PS Can someone remove the word "vib***ors" from the opening post of the paroxysm thread as where I'm working at the moment they have an extremely agressive cybernanny that keeps barring my access because it's a banned word.
And also check the post immediately after mine in "A bright" to see what wird in there is causing me the same problem.

Thanks.

Non curo ! Si metrum no habet, non est poema.

Read all about my travels around the world here.
Read even more of my travel writing and poems on my weblog.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Can someone remove the word "vib***ors" from the opening post of
the paroxysm thread as where I'm working at the moment they have an
extremely agressive cybernanny

cyberninny, you mean! OK, I'll go modify it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Bob, between you and CJ, I never know when people are posting! Wink Good to have you back, though.

Asa fixed the one post, but I can't see what the problem is in the "Bright" thread. Could it be the "poppy----" and "mommy----" after your second reply? Otherwise, I am stumped.

I hope you saw the most recent rhetoric link in Links for Linguaphiles that I posted. One of the URLs (in the replies) refers to Lewis Carroll.

Hope all is going well for you, Bob!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
So as not to cause it a paroxysm, I will modify any dubious words myself.

However, my point is that the word v*br*t*r is not confined to s*x*l matters. The ward can be used in many engineering and electical concepts (and doubtless others).

For example, the mechanism that raised the voltage of your car so that you could run a radio using valves (vacuum tubes) was thus named. A plate-v*br*t*r is a device used to tamp down flagstones.

There are many words that in one sense are considered indecent and in another sense or combaination are quite innocent.

But the ativities of the cyberninnies are so non-discriminating that I wonder that the residents of the northern English town of Sc*nthorpe get any email at all!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post