Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Dictionary Game
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dictionary Game Login/Join

posted
Here's a new game to play! Open your dictionary to any random page. Take the word at the top of the page and at the bottom of the page, put them together to create a new word or phrase, then make up a definition to go with them!

Example:
governor gram: What a death row inmate prays for.

casualty caterer: The one I wouldn't want to hire for my next party!

Your turn!

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
twobit...tympanoplasty A cheap repair of the middle ear

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
This is off topic, but I'm reminded of a sign I often see on Division Street in SE Portland: Disaster Restoration. Hell, the LAST thing I want restored is a disaster!

Pirene pitch: In classical mythology, the argument used by Pirene as to why she shouldn't have been turned into a fountain - which she was, according to the myth.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
household ... hustler gets the right things done quicker than household playboy, household penthouse, etc.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sleepwalking...slob my first husband! Razz

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
opening optimize

The gap to inclination and hopefulness.

Posts: 64 | Location: Martinsburg, W.V.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
Here's one you don't even have to strain for.

rummy: a card game in which the object is to obtain sets of three or more cards of the same rank or suit.
run: (noun 24b) Games a continuous sequence of playing cards in one suit.

Picture of WinterBranch
posted Hide Post
This sounded like a really fun game, so I went to get a dictionary...only I don't have one.

<hanging head in shame>

Hey, if I don't know a word, I can look it up online! Or ask you nice people.

So, I grabbed David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest (it's the size of a dictionary!) and picked a page.

(p.387)

Marlon
moment

n. the desire to kiss Larry King on the lips

"WinterBranch checked herself into a mental institution after her Marlonmoment." {found online 2003} Wink

Posts: 222 | Location: TexasReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
selenography.....self-depreciation

Sadly, he is being treated for self-depreciation because of his ignorance of selenography.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post