Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Kalorama
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Kalorama Login/Join

Picture of Greg S
posted
The new game is based on a small community in the Dandenong Ranges, Kalorama, just north of Mount Dandenong from where the TV signals for all of the State of Victoria's free to air channels are beamed. Kalorama features magnificent views of the Sylvan Dam on one side and a short drive along one of the 5 roads that meet at Kalorama are the best views of the Melbourne Eastern suburbs stretching right across to the CBD.

From a limerick point of view you need to rhyme the last 2 syllables which rhyme with drama. To make sure everyone is clear on this, especially given the issues we had with Sri Lanka, Kalorama rhymes with President Obama, but not with Alabama. If anyone is brave enough to try to rhyme all 4 syllables it's Kal-uh-rahm-uh.

Send me your limericks by PM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg S,

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I'll send you one, but probably not with all four syllables being rhymed!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a snooty neighborhood in Washington, DC - but whadda I know! Confused

I just Googled it, and it is! OK, so there are two of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K...ama,_Washington,_D.C.

Another edit: Odd, but I tried the above link and it doesn't work! Yet I was just there on the Wikipedia article! Maybe they figure I'm a subversive character (which I am, of course) and since a whole lot of ambassadors live there, it's blocked on my computer. Guess I'd best stick to the one in Oz. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,

Just two so far, both from the one "limericist". But no need to hurry as we are "moving house" again (Note: we have already had an interesting discussion about the apparently odd Aussie way of saying you're moving to a new house), and will not be able to access the Internet (for personal use) until after the 26th October. Hopefully I'll have a whole bunch of Kalorama limericks by then, and can publish the Poll very soon after that.

Regards Greg

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Odd, but I tried the above link and it doesn't work!

Yes, I think the dot or dots in the link breaks it (or the comma). It might be easier to go to the Kalorama disambiguation page then choose from there.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, arnie. Now, just to stir up the pot, I think the US one rhymes with Alabama. Confused
So, can't we just say "Belleview" and be done with it? Smile Or maybe "Beunavista?" Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Mine's in! Smile

posted Hide Post
I've made a donation too, but it's nowhere near as good as Proofreader's.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, how do you know that???

Wait 'til you see mine. I outdid myself! Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Well, how do you know that???
I'm psychotic.

quote:
I outdid myself! Wink

I undid myself - and got arrested.

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
I'm back on air - but the plethora of limericks I expected to find are not there yet. Just 3 contestants, but one of them has fired in 3.

I think I need a few more before publishing the Poll.

Regards Greg

posted Hide Post
I hope your relocation wasn't too stressful. To me moving is a pain!

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
To me moving is a pain!

Me, too. I hate to take down the wallpaper and moldings.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any more limericks, Greg? Or has Proofreader sent in the winning one, so there's no need for any more? Big Grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Please pick mine, everyone, because I have the perfect place for the next game. You will be awed! Cool

posted Hide Post
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll?

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
No. It'll be the full name - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Still haven't got any more. Will I just Post them anyway and hope that Kalleh wins so we can play her game soon?

Regards Greg

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Wait for me! Just got a computer charge out here at ground zero NJ

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard English:
No. It'll be the full name - Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch

Or maybe Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaunga horonukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand

I'm glad you're OK, B35!

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Still co-o-ld, but a kind neighbor w/generator extended a cord...

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
B35 - Wishing you and your neighbours and friends all the best for the recovery and I hope none of them, especially you lost any loved ones.

I'll post the Poll over the weekend.

Regards Greg

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Poll is Posted. Can someone who knows how, please delete the one I wrongly posted to the Word Games Forum?

Regards Greg

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I deleted it, Greg, Actually, you should have been able to delete it yourself, but the delete link isn't that obvious in polls, with all the other warnings and choices that can be made obscuring it.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post