Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    A great question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A great question Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Here's a belter of a quiz question from today's edition of Pointless. See if you know the answer without looking it up.

Nine characters are credited in all three of the original Star Wars movies. Who are they?

You'll probably get eight in ten seconds. Will you get the ninth?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Yes, and can you name another movie he was in? I'll give you a hint: it takes place in Scotland. (I even know his first and last names, but I had to look up the actor who played him.)

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zmježd:
Yes, and can you name another movie he was in? I'll give you a hint: it takes place in Scotland. (I even know his first and last names, but I had to look up the actor who played him.)

Does his family name start with a "D?"

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought I knew, and I turned out to be right yay!

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Geoff, No but his first name does.
zm Impressive that you got his last name too, I don't thin k I would have. And I didn't know the actor without looking it up either.

I only had about twenty seconds when watching the quiz and didn't get it in the time.

Bonus question for the real geeks then: in the extended versions there are ten characters who appear in all three movies. Who's the other one?

Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
Impressive that you got his last name too, I don't think I would have.

I have a friend, ex-coworker and business partner, who is a way bigger Star Wars fan than I am, and he told me about this minor character back in the late '80s, and it stuck with me, mainly because of the actor's link to the Scottish movie I mentioned above. He used the character's full name when he was talking about it. The problem is, I am sure some great linguistic tidbit was pushed out of long-term memory because of this factoid.

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
Geoff, No but his first name does.

Oh, the one whose first name looks like his family name? I never can remember which is his first and which is his last.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you in a PM

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bonus question for the real geeks then: in the extended versions there are ten characters who appear in all three movies. Who's the other one?

And what kind of car does he drive in the MC Chris song?

posted Hide Post
I must confess to being completely mystified by this thread, for reasons explained in the title of this radio programme.

Posts: 292 | Location: Bath, EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goofy:
quote:

I know when I'm out-geeked! Big Grin

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goofy:
quote:

A friend in my writing group once admitted to two of these strange cultural omissions. She admittd to never having read Alice In Wonderland and never having seen a single James Bond movie.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I've only seen the first Star Wars movie, and none of the Star Trek ones, and I've only watched the original series on TV. I saw the first three or four James Bond flicks and have caught two or three others when shown on TV. I have read the two Alice books, though. Presumably that means I'm not much of a geek.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post