Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Potpourri    A Superbowl Ad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Superbowl Ad Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
As some of you may know, many love the Superbowl because of the ads. I saw one that I loved tonight - A Coca Cola ad with "America the Beautiful" sung in different languages. To me, it represented our diversity and a world that gets along. However, it apparently brought on a big outrage on Twitter. Then when I read the Twitter remarks, I was even more confused. I would have thought the "outrage" would have been complaints from those in other countries calling us "U.S.- centric". Instead, it seemed to be about an American song being sung in foreign languages. One comment was that our language is English. So narrow-minded!

At any rate, I loved it!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6170 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Actually the most ludicrous aspect of the entire controversy was that many of the protestors cried out at the desecration of the "National Anthem." I guess they think the Star-Spangled Banner is a Beatles hit.

That response beat out the flames about the gay couple in the commercial. One person commented that the author of the song would be incensed at seeing that. Guess they didn't know it was written in 1897 by a woman who shared a home with another woman for ove a decade and a half in what was called a 'Boston Marriage' in those days. Do you suppose they'll respond to this information with an Emily Latella "Never mind"?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Apparently she was listed as one of the 31 LGBT history "icons" by the organisers of LGBT History Month in 2012.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
And here is the real national anthem that was sung by Renee Fleming. She did a marvelous job.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post